Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Templates available for Design Simulation Application 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnon

Mechanical
Jul 23, 2016
US
I'm running NX12 on a Blade Server with Teamcenter. When I try and start the Design Simulation I get the following message:

message_qftopp.jpg

Apparently I'm locked out of that option in Customer Defaults:

Template_nzqqfl.jpg

I do know where my profile is stored and can customize my interface but I don't know how to create and store the required template:

Profile_location_eqteel.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I actually found a workaround if I run a local session of NX on the Blade server I have templates for all applications. I just have to step out the models.

Template_frgrei.jpg

If you are working in TC, you need to load the template parts into TC.
I'm assuming (somewhere) there is a .BAT to load them - hunt around in the NX install tree.
For instance, the NX CAM operation templates can be loaded using
%UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGII\templates\sample\tcin_cam_template_setup.bat

Just got off the phone with our Tech Support. They said TeamCenter doesn't support Simulation. Seems Strange......

@Barnon

Whomever told you TC doesn't support Simulation is wrong.
We have customers who use NX, Simcenter & Teamcenter.

Simple to prove this, if you look in the SIMULATION\templates folder where your NX is installed, you'll find a nxdm_ugs_cae_templates.pax file.
This palette file controls the simulation templates available for NX and is trying to call the parts from TC.
As you don't have them imported, you need to do the following for the templates that exist in that templates folder.
Image below is cut from the NX docs, link is here:
vBWnAODBN6WNdc5c3LSHG4IyvJfuDQOAZg_p5jydq.png

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4 to NX CR with almost every MR (18versions)

Thx Anthony.

You were right I found the templates.

file_pevjud.jpg

I'm reluctant to try and run the BAT file. As mentioned before, this one Blade server of many set up exactly the same. I probably don't have permission to do so. Can you confirm I wouldn't be committing any security violation?

I use Catia for Teamcenter.
I created an explosion in an assembly, thinking that the explosion will be saved in Teamcenter as well.
It didn't………

CAD 2015

FYI, once the pax files are installed/loaded into Teamcenter, you'll need to be sure to update the Teamcenter preference that tells NX where to look for the templates. For NX 12 that preference is TC_NX_FileNewPaxFiles_NX12. If you aren't running NX 12 replace 12 with the version you are on.

Cowski said:
Are you the CAD and/or TC administrator? If not, I'd suggest talking to them about setting up the templates.

I agree with Cowski.
As a normal user you can not just upload templates into Teamcenter. You need DBA rights to do this properly.
Also you don't know how NX-Manager is configured and where it will get the templates from.
It can be setup in such a way, that the needed template will be imported from a server location upon creation of a part.
Also your PAX files need to be updated to get the correct templates. These could also be stored on server location. Doesn't necessarily have to be in Teamcenter.

Ask you coordinator to make the templates available for you.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

Teamcenter supports CAE usage, but you must maybe define the datatypes in Teamcenter to support this.
for example a .fem file or a .sim file might not be recognized by default.

The JT files can also show FEM results in the TC vis viewer.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back