Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

No Torque in series motor circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLINETrucking

Agricultural
Apr 25, 2020
CA
I Have a brand new piece of equipment that customer has asked me to diagnose a slow unload issue

2019 Rayman fertilizer tender
74hp Cummins running a tandem pump each section of pump is producing 22gpm

This tender has three augers one horizontal main auger that collects product from the bins this auger is currently working properly and is isolated from other circuit on the first section of the 22gpm tandem pump operates @500psi when under load no torque issue

Second section runs two augers with hydraulic motors in series first (vertical)auger runs at 445rpm and is 12” diameter it then feeds a 9” auger running at 700 rpm (horizontal discharge) Which is ran by an additional hyd motor plumbed in series with the vertical

The problem is the system works normally with no load on system it reaches 2500psi on the gauge at valve bank but as soon as load is applied and product is in system pressure builds beyond 3000psi and the horizontal discharge auger stops working (Plugs)this has been a problem since day one with this unit it was purchased from the states and with travel restrictions they cannot come and service under warranty I am located in Canada

Could it be a bad hyd motor?
Not enough flow in circuit supplied from pump I need to hook flow meter in but I do not have one sourced yet looking for advice without this key piece of info lol

Motor does not labour

Temps are normal 133 F

GPM for discharge motor is 15.8 Max working pressure is Max1880psi continuous anglefield BMRS200 12.16in/3 3200in/lbs tourque Rpm 328
Attached to 9inch auger = 700 rpm

GPM for vertical unknown tag missing

Unit is currently putting out 400lbs a minute

Proper discharge rate of Product should be 3500lbs per minute

No torque?

Any advice would be helpful cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pressure is not getting to the second motor, the first motor is absorbing all the power. The no-load pressure seems high if you are saying it is 2500 psi. What pressure is the system relief valve set to? At 3000 psi the relief valve may be bypassing flow. The vertical auger motor may be the problem, not the horizontal auger motor. Or the vertical auger may have a problem that is causing too high load for its motor.

Can you disconnect the augers from the motors to check no-load pressure and auger effect on motor load?
Ted

Vertical motor was just replaced hydraulic seal failed from rusting out fertilizer tends to build on seal surface and doesn’t get washed properly I just got back from service call they plugged upper discharge auger again and snapped the upper auger off at the rotational joint lol too much weight no grease present anywhere in joint all bolts were threaded into flange and sheared flush 4 hours of drilling torches and easy outs I got it back together upon disassembly I found that the augers have not been washed proper fertilizer is caked too the auger tubes like cement inch thick minimum it needs too be flushed out this is probably half the problem
I have my hands on flow meter now and full set of gauges once it’s cleaned out I will test empty and then with a load with your recommendations I increased the psi on that circuit before I left yesterday it helped a bit but further diagnosing will be needed with proper test equipment on Monday thanks for your response with proper diagnostic tools I should be able to figure it out now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back