Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nonlinear Buckling

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpon

Structural
Apr 3, 2009
SE
Hi,

I'm trying to run a nonlinear buckling analysis in ANSYS 12.

The linear buckling analysis results are stored in ..\SYS-1\MECH\file.rst. I've duplicated the original static analysis, and placed a "Commands" object under the duplicate's Static Structural branch. The "Commands" object contains the following:

/PREP7
UPGEOM, 0.01,,'D:\xxxxxx Rus_files\dp0\SYS-1\MECH\file', rst
/SOLU

The execution throws a warning telling me that the result file D:\xxxxxx.. cannot be opened.

I can't figure out what's wrong and I would be very grateful if you could help me set it up properly.

Regards,
hpon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

try using GUI at Preprocssor>modeling>update Geom.In diologue box browse to the .rst file that your results are saved in.then plot elements or get a list of node coordinates to check if the model is updated or not.
you have to save your analysis before updating the geometry.

Engineering Softwares Company

My guess is that you should make sure there are no spaces in the path defined for UPGEOM. In the path provided in your post I see a space between xxxxxx and Rus, replace it with an underline so that you have "xxxxxx_Rus" and you should be OK.

I have seen something that might help you out. Check this link:

That's a tutorial on how to get a non-linear buckling analysis done.

I have a question of my own, has any of you performed a non-linear load-based analysis? I ask this because, it seems to be that to observe plastic behavior, it can only be done by performing a displacemente-based analysis. If anyone can help me, i would be more than grateful.

Best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back