Norsok m-650 m-630 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

suctioncasing

Industrial
Sep 21, 2011
DE
Hello

I'm Looking for a foundury that has got norsok m-650 and m-630 qualification ( it would be great if also m-501).

We are in need of suction casing 1.4462 ( 318LN) or 1.4404 (316L)
and baseplate carbon steel ST 52-3 (S355J2+N).

Thank for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are You sure ? I have read that m-650 is a qualification of manufacturers and m-630 is as You sad for materials. Our customer wants all of that certificates, so it must be possible.

Region of north europe will be the best one.

suctioncasing;
Not being an expert in NORSOK standards, I have been around the block many times especially with ASME B&PV Code and Standards. SJones is correct. See below

1 Scope
This NORSOK standard establishes a set of qualification requirements to verify that the manufacturer has
sufficient competence and experience of the relevant material grades, and necessary facilities and
equipment to produce these in the required shapes and sizes with acceptable properties.

4 Responsibilities
The purchaser is responsible for ensuring that his manufacturers are qualified within the essential variables
within this NORSOK standard. Acceptance of a manufacturer is at the discretion and determination of the
purchaser.
The qualification exercise itself should be carried out in co-operation with company or its main contractors.

As indicated above, the M-650 R3 standard provides guidance for qualification of manufacturers supplying special materials. This means that you as a purchaser using M-650 must qualify a supplier for your needs. This means going to conduct a shop visit reviewing the suppliers Quality program and establishing requirements under M-650.

I wasn't quite right since the coverage also includes duplex. In the old days, NORSOK maintained a listing of suppliers that had 'qualified' on the web at the M-650 location. I suspect that it was removed for legal reasons never to return. However, what goes on the web can also go on my hard drive; so, if you want a listing circa 2005, see the attachment.

Steve Jones
Materials & Corrosion Engineer

Is there any listing of qualified (accepted) manufacturers according to
NORSOK standard M650?
The previously listing of qualified manufacturers of Teknologisk Institutt has now been
terminated.
There is no official listing in the name of NORSOK of manufacturers, which have been
evaluated, to fulfill the requirements of and have carried out the qualification tests
according to NORSOK standard M-650.

from page :
Thank You very much ! I is something what I need.

SJones:
hello, I read this thread carefully, the list of approved manufacturers that you add in your reply was very interesting.

Do you know if there is any sort of list (official, unofficial) - somewhere in the web - updated at 2011?

Thanks, regards.

Norsok M-650 details qualifying a supplier for special materials. These include duplex stainless steels, super-autenitic stainless steel, Nickel base, and titanium alloys. M-630 details the material requirements when making pieces to NORSOK requirements. There is no agency within Norsok that qualifies manufacturers to M-650. The qualification is generally done with one of Norsok's major suppliers and the subsupplier. Once satisfied that the manufacturer has completed all of the tests and has the requisite knowledge. The auditing companies will sign off on the QTR. Other companies can choose to accept the QTR or can require an audit of their own to supply a QTR with their sign-off on it.

For non M-650 regulated materials the testing is not as involved. Generally it can be done with just a control plan with the supporting procedures and an ISO certification with European roots.

It would be best to go to the foundry and ask them if they have any experience supplying that material that you need to NORSOK M650. The materials that you have listed should be fairly straight forward depending on their size.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back