Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to get rid of modified status need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc1955

Aerospace
Mar 14, 2008
I am having a problem with parts loading in assembly with modified status.
I save parts and get rid of modified status in all levels of the assembly only to close and have the assembly to open with modified status again. I went into Team Center released part and bumped a revision and went through the whole process again and closed but every time the assembly is reopened it comes in wit modified status. With the modified status the file will continue to update and take a lot of extra time going through the update process over and over. This is driving us nuts I hope some one can shed some light on what’s going on here.
By the way this is inside Team Center ver10.0.37 and NX 5.0.6.3 mp8

Doc

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go to the top assembly and try this.

Tools -> Update -> Update for external change

Tools -> Update -> Interpart update -> Update all

If you are still having trouble, try it in all your assemblies from down to top.

Might help unless it's a bug.

I had a strange bug where a linked composite curve would not update at all despite the fact that it was not broken. No matter what I did, it would not update until I opened the part file. I deleted the linked composite curve and made a new linked composite curve and that worked fine.

I am unsure why the one link become dysfunctional.

Do you have any wave linked geometry in your files?
Are your standard library parts refiled in NX5?

Just opening a file, even if you don't modify anything can trigger a modified flag. I think I saw where this type of thing has been reduced in NX7/7.5.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Yes we did a refile on all our standard parts. Acording to the link browser no interpart links within this file. I'm still unable to see why this assembly reacts the way it does.
Maybe I need to push harder to get updated to the current NX version! :)

Doc

Still had no luck at tracing down why the assembly flips to modified status even though nothing gets modified.
I've resaved every part in the assembly but still end up with the same results. This makes no absolutely no sense!

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back