Not saving changed CCS - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenDog

Mechanical
Sep 18, 2011
US
Hi All,

I am new here but not to Engineering or CAD.

I have just installed DraftSight and like what I see, but I have a problem. I have searched their tutorials and the help systems and while it appears to do what I want it does not save it correctly to DXF.

The Problem:
I have an Entity with the lower left corner at 2.000,3.000,0.000.
Using "CCS" and "Entity", I set the XYZ position to the lower left corner of my Entity currently at 2.000,3.000,0.000. When I hit "Enter", the XY indicator jumps to the corner of the Entity and the coord display in the bottom line shows 0.000,0.000,0.000. All good so far.

When I save the file in DXF and load it into my CAM system, the Origin is still offset from the CAM system origin. It is back at the 2.000,3.000 position. That means in the CAM system I have to first move the Entity back to 0,0 before I can start.

Is it me or is it Draftsight? Either way, how can I fix this?

Oh, I tried it in several other apps that will load DXF and all show the same 2,3 offset.

Thanks

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I actually move my geometry in draftsight to 0,0,0 by selecting the geo, and move from selection point to 0,0,0 before writing out my dxf file for cam system.

Not sure if this will work for your use, but its the way I do it..

Thanks Raneu,

That works, I had tried that Move before but it didn't move it. Now it is moving it. Beats me, but another weird thing is happening, I have no rubber-banding when I draw a rectangle. I'll post in a new thread after checking the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back