Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not shown lines in drafting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In general tab there was no tolerance, I changed the tolerance in configuration tab but it didnt help.

This is funny but those lines became visible when I changed un the "Representation" from "Exact" to "Smart Lightweight". I would think that exact option should include more details than lightweight :)

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3efff5f3-fcf2-48b0-9cb7-d8ac0d467fee&file=wagon_R1.jpg
If you have a nut and a bolt assembled together, I believe that is an interfering body. From your image, I see quite a few bodies which could fit this description. If you're in mm units, set your view tolerance to something really tight - like 0.01mm or less. See what that looks like. If that doesn't do the trick, you'll have to go to the Hidden Lines tab and turn on (put a check in the box) for Process Interfering Solids so that the intersection lines will appear. This can eat up memory while processing, so be sure to save the part FIRST in case it locks up your computer completely.

If that doesn't work, that I am aware, the only other alternative is manually drawing in the intersection lines in that particular view.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.2.5 Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

Try this:
In View Style go to the "hidden lines" tab, and under "Interfering Solids" check "yes, Without Interfering Solids" or "yes, With Interfering Solids"
Very often this will solve the problem of missing lines.

Using NX 8.0 and Teamcenter 8 on Windows 7 (64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back