Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTE1942 Variable voltage and current, 5 pin TO220

Status
Not open for further replies.

palindrome

Electrical
Dec 19, 2002
US
Hello - I'm trying to cross reference back an NTE1942 linear voltage regulator. I called NTE and they can't uncross a device. Does this device look familiar to anyone that might know the original device?

I've looked at most every Semiconductor Manufacturers linear regulators product line and don't see a match. I've gone through some older data books I have and it doesn't come up their either. I'd really the application/design notes for this. Any help - much appreciated. TIA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is that surprising? NTE specializes in older and obsolete devices. If it's obsolete, then there's not much point in knowing what the original device was.

TTFN

Thanks IRstuff. I came across the NTE part with a home project in mind and liked the variable voltage/current in a quick and easy package. I wanted to keep a low cost trickle charge, ~1.5A, 13.5V, on a lead acid battery from a somewhat distant 24VAC 1250mA outdoor low voltage transformer (CODE enforcement).

The NTE1942 part has two more pins to play with, for adjusting current I'm guessing, than a LM317 - basic 1.5A adjustable voltage linear regulator. If I could figure out how to modify an existing 'smart' trickle charger to work on 24VAC with ~1.5A output then it'd be for the better.

A question I pose to my self now ..... will a Schumacher Might Mite charger operate off 24VAC? What's the front end power circuit look like on these chargers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back