Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NVIDIA Quadro FX580 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

difficultone

Industrial
Jan 16, 2010
US
What are the best settings for this graphics card? When using RealView in SolidWorks 2009 the shadows don't update in real time. My NVIDIA graphics driver is 6.14.11.8208. The only think I have set is under Manager 3D Settings I've chosen a Global preset of "Dassault Systems CATIA - comkpatible" because I see no choice for SolidWorks. There is a tab that lets you customize a program but I don't understand what any of the choices mean. Have no idea what "Anisotropic filtering", "Buffer-filpping mode", etc. are or how to set them so I left them alone. The box the graphics card came in says it works with Solidworks so how come there isn't a choice for Solidworks like there is for CATIA and Pro-Engineer?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"Assuming you are using Vista or XP, the card does list the need for using specific SolidWorks graphics card display settings."

How do I find out what these settings are?

Why isn't SolidWorks listed in the list of applications like CATIA and Pro-E are?

I downloaded and installed the new driver. The graphics seem to be a little better but I'm still using the CATIA setting. Where is the SolidWorks setting?

If I don't need a specific setting for SolidWorks what do you think I should choose for an option? Base profile? 3D App - Default Global Settings? 3D App - Modeling AFR? (what's AFR?),
or 3D App - Visual Simulation?

Sorry for the confusion. My statement should have read, "Assuming you are using Vista or XP, the card does NOT list the need for using specific SolidWorks graphics card display settings."

Since I changed the default settings already to be Dassault Systems CATIA - compatible I'd love to know what the initial setting should be so I can set it back to that and leave it alone.

nVidia Cards have very different User Interfaces depending on the FX card # 550 1500 etc. They probably have tech support also. SolidWorks should be listed alphabetically and not as subset of Dassault Systemes.

You can try selecting the CAD system drop down list pick any system and then tap your arrow keys up or down to make sure there is a SolidWorks setting. or don't select any specific system and solidworks should work better than with CATIA settngs.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back