Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 10 Drafting line width setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KVartusa

Mechanical
May 1, 2016
SI
Hi! Ever since NX 10, I'm having immense trouble with defining drafting plot widths. On a sheet when right-clicking on a view: "Right Click -> Settings -> Common -> Visible lines" and setting to the desired width, nothing changes when exporting to .pdf. Also, the "File -> Plot -> Color and Width -> Drawing Widths" and checking the box "Use Drawing Sheet width" doesn't seem to help. I am using the same templates I was on NX 9, where there were no troubles with this. Therefore I have two questions:

1. How can one set the desired widths with right-clicking on a view and choosing line width in settings?

2. How to set these widths on a template (for example ISO standard specifies the use of 0.5 mm thick main line on A4 paper) so they would only be used for that specific template. Of course, that also means defining dimension lines thickness, text line thickness ... ? (maybe a PAX file?)

Thanks for any help in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

All you PDF line width settings are in you Customer Defaults.

You'll find them in PDF Export under the Widths tab.

Also remember to check in both the Site & User defaults.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."

I see I've missed one fact: the problem is that the lines previously created don't change. So when I define line thickness for ex. dimension line and create it everything is fine, however, if I change line thickness after that it remains the same. That means if I want to update a drawing created a while a go I have to delete all the dimensions and do it from scratch.

Unfortunately I can't help you with that problem.

It actually goes one step further than that.

If you add a component to an assembly the new component will inherit the new line thickness settings but not the old ones.

What we've done as a workaround for the view issue is to go into the drawing model view & force a line thickness onto the part using Object Display.

I suspect the only way to get rid of the issue would be to check what your previous line widths & colours were & customize your new NX setup to match.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back