Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 11 Flow - Solver terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlis

Mechanical
Jan 8, 2015
LV
Hi everyone.
I am trying to wrap my head around the simulation tools in NX 11 but unfortunatelly I cannot get over this error:

Unknown option: -d
Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)
Connect on sock (host=User-PC29056, port=8676) failed, exhaused all end points
Unable to connect to 'User-PC29056:8676',
sock error: Error = -1

ReadFile() failed, error 109
unable to start the local smpd manager.
QProcess Error: module terminated
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| |
| Solver - Parallel Flow Solve:
| encountered a problem and terminated abnormally.
| |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

Apparently turning off FireWall and AntiVirus does not help. Could it have something to do with ports?
If so, I would really appreciate if someone could guide me on how to fix this since I am not experienced in this subject.
Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I get the same error message, which is strange since i ran the simulation the other day and it worked fine. Now i copied the entire folder, changed the model and tried to run the simulation again. I wonder if there could be a difference in what network adaper my laptop is running at the moment. ( Wireless / Cable / etc.

Regards,
Tomas

Have you spoken to Siemens GTAC about this ?
I did a quick search and I get no "hits". So far only you and me are speaking about this problem.
Maybe i should report it.

Regards,
Tomas

It turns out my settings was to use "the parallel solver", - don't know if or when i clicked that or not, but if one will use the parallel solver, there is some setup needed.
once I switched to Serial Solver it completed. ( Didn't bother setting up the parallel solver for my trials.)

Regards,
Tomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your concern. I haven't really spoken to anyone about this issue so far. But I have discovered the same thing that you did.
The serial solver works fine, although it is a little annoying that the serial solver is unable to use more than one processor core for the calculations. It could be doing things much faster. Is only the parallel solver capable of this? If so, would you have any idea how to set it up properly?
Thank you.
Karlis.

I got an email from GTAC on how to set up the parallel environment.
I'm having trouble uploading images here today why i only copy the text now.

Regards,
Tomas

"
Looking at your error message, the problem might be due to missing MPICH2 in the workstation(s), where you plan on running the parallel calculation. To be able to run parallel solving, MPICH2 has to be installed in your machine(s). This is the Message Passing Interface, that will enable communication between the master and slave nodes.
If you haven't done this, please set up the MPICH2 Process Manager Service, and please do this as administrator.
This executable is available inside your NX installation directory ( e.g. : …/NXCAE_Extras/tmg/mpich2.). Below, as an example is where it’s located on my machine:
( Image missing due to upload problems.)

For the installation, please refer the following link:
To be able to run parallel calculation, you also have to activate and setup the Parallel Configuration File. Below is an example:
Parallel_Solver_t39uir.png

Below is a link for more information about this:

"

Edit: i managed to use the "upload image" .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back