Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 11 general pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robse

Industrial
Jun 30, 2015
CH
Hello at all,

what happend to the command "General Pocket". I can´t find it in NX11.

Best regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the modeling appliation, go to menu -> insert -> design feature -> pocket (or, on the home ribbon, look in the feature group "more" dropdown -> design feature section). If you don't see it at that location, you might need to switch your role to "advanced" or "full menus" or whatever they are calling it now.

www.nxjournaling.com

The General Pocket is ,If i remember things correct, to be replaced by "Emboss".
They do approximately the same, the Emboss is more modern, with preview as soon as you have entered necessary input.

Regards,
Tomas

Regards
Tomas

Hello Tomas,

Thank you for your reply! Emboss is so modern that it isn´t working (at least not for me, maybe the problem sits in front of the computer).

To specify this, i do not want make a swept volume on a cylindrical shape. This feature is perpendicular to the surface. I want to sverve round the cylinder in a kind of pocket shape. A picture is attached for better understanding.

This used to work with general pocket. Why did they remove this powerful tool and replace it with nothing? I solved it now with free form features, but this is so much more time consuming.

Thank you and best regards

Edit (file upload)

It's still there. I am saying that i think it will be replaced.

You illustration is missing.
If you can upload an example part, ( create a illustration from scratch, not the production part.)
we can try accomplish the same using the Emboss feature.

Regards,
Tomas

Regards
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back