Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX 11 how to change all crosshatch settings on drawing sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCE75

Industrial
Dec 6, 2018
US
I am a technical illustrator and at work we have just updated to NX 11 from NX 7. A lot of our drawings have crosshatch in the section views and I need to figure out how to change the settings on them quickly. In NX 7 I used to be able to do a select all and change the settings for the crosshatch on every view on the page. Now I get the message "there are no common settings for the selected objects". I can't even select just the view I want to change. I have to go in and select all the different crosshatch that I want to change. It's rather time consuming! Engineering isn't going to change their defaults for us, so we are left to do it ourselves, which used to be no big deal. Is there a way to make this faster?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Edit -> Settings -> from the Class Selection dialog, select the Type Filter and Select "Symbol" then click the Detail Filtering and select "Crosshatch" -> OK back to the Class Selection dialog and now use Select All.

Alternatively, you can use Preselection and set the Selection Filter pulldown from the Selection Bar to Symbol then press the Detail Filtering icon and set it to Crosshatch and then use Select All, right click on any selected crosshatching and select Settings.

See the attached movie for both methods based on a simple example.
NX11_Crosshatching_Selection.zip

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 11.0.1.11 MP8
GM GPDL 11-A.3.4.2
Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Just thought of this... I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my technical illustrations. I have my most used tasks saved as an action so that it will perform set action with a keyboard shortcut. Does NX 11 have anything like this? Could I save these steps as a shortcut to execute with a few keystrokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back