Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX 12 FREEZES

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptbkev04

Mechanical
Mar 19, 2015
CA
Has anyone had problems with NX 12 freezing on text edit commands in the drafting mode?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One of our NX 12 workstations, which is running 12.0.2, locks up when entering the drafting application. Most often it happens when the file was saved in drafting, and since we have the default to open prt files in the state when last saved, NX will lock up when opening the prt file and trying to go into drafting. This happens frequently and our VAR didn't get very far with Siemens when they inquired about it. I suppose 12 is considered a legacy version now so unless we are a 200 seat site or bigger there is little chance of getting a fix for this. The only work around for us has been to kill NX from the task manager.

A little while ago I spent a fair amount of time transitioning to 1919 but to my surprise there is a major caveat in manufacturing so I went back to 12.0.2 but the drafting lock-ups is driving me to the brink. So far support says there are no fixes for this other than to migrate to a newer version. By the way if you have NX cam users who use Parallel Generate I suggest looking at series 1926 (1936 is the latest update as of now) because it was broken for 2 or 3 versions prior to 1926.

"...Into this wild Abyss the wary Fiend
Stood on the brink of Hell and looked awhile,
Pondering his voyage..."

lol

NX 12.0.2
Testing NX 1936

NX12 is now a pretty old version and no longer supported by Siemens.
Have you installed the NX12 Maintenance packs ?
Are you running a certified driver on a certified computer?

When it locks up, is there error information in the NX syslog ?
c:\users\tomas\appdata\local\temp Search for *.syslog , open the last one and scroll to the bottom, look for "error".
Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back