Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 7.5 Drafting Creating a section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew4792

Automotive
Nov 7, 2013
US
I am trying to crate a section in drafting. This is of an assembly.
I get an Update Failure List
Section View, SX@15, did not update.

Description of failure
Modeler error occured when updating section view.

I then stepped out this assembly into one file and tried it there thinking there might be a linking problem.
With all the parts now in one file I got the same error.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had an issue like that in one asm which I had revised the drawing like 4 times while we were using NX7.5 - now we're on NX8 and it's no longer behaving that way. Granted that doesn't help you, but if it's a bug, it's been fixed.

If I ran into this again, I'd try removing each solid or any existing sub-asms from the assembly, one at a time until I was able to create that section. Once I had it narrowed down to a part or parts, I would start looking at the component files and seeing if there is any suspect geometry in that (or those) file(s).

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 8.0.3.4
Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

Hi Drew...

You could start ( like Xwheelguy already mentioned ) by removing components one by one. However I would use the "hide components in view" option for this.
Doing it like this you don't have to physically remove the components from your assembly.
Just apply this to the parent view of your section.

Ronald van den Broek
Mechanical Engineer
Cad Environment Coordinator
Wärtsilä, Propulsion Services
NX8.5.2 / TC9.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back