Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 7.5 Drafting Views 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covert1

Automotive
Aug 31, 2010
US
Hello, I am having problems with my view not regenerating lines after you zoom in on a view. When you go to zoom back out most of the views are missing lines. You need to regenerate views in order for the lines to show up again. It only seems to do it with large drawings (mostly assemblies).
Any information on this would be helpful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are running 64 bit makes sure you copy your original cgm2exp.dll out of C:\Program Files\UGS\NX 7.5\NXPLOT\bin directory as for when you apply the new maintance release you won't be able to print in wireframe from modeling or drafting, untill you relpace this file back with the one that you copied.

@Cid1979,
Where and how did you find this piece of information? And can anyone else (ie John Baker) comment on if this is really necesary?

We're running NX7.5.1.5

@Cid1979,
Where and how did you find this piece of information? And can anyone else (ie John Baker) comment on if this is really necessary?

We're running NX7.5.1.5

I ran into the problem after installing NX 7.5.1.5 Maintance Release, after that I got in contact with Gtac rep and worked the issue out, it took a couple of days and it was a major issue only with 64 bit though.

Hi,

Where do we get NX 7.5.1.5 Maintance Release? Is that in the Webkey access area?

Thanks

Jason M.
Unigraphics NX Designer

If you are going to use 64 bit, and run the OS7 and you want to plot you will need to make a extra system variable that read like this:

Variable name:UGII_SDI_OVERRIDE_HOME

Variable Value:c:\temp1 >or any name for a folder will do<

Potrero: John can comment if he wants but I already came across these defects and have gotten them corrected with the solutions that I written. Are you running NX 7.5.1.5 on a 32 or 64 bit machine, cause that makes a world of differance.

I am running NX 7.5.1.5 on Win 7 64 bit and I found that all printing was killed with the latest maintenance release.
After contact with support I was told about replacing cgm2exp.dll out of \UGS\NX 7.5\NXPLOT\bin directory with the version prior to installing maintenance release, this fixed the printing.
There are some other bugs in 7.5
7.5.1.5 has fixed an issue with selection of drill geometry deleting faces but has not fixed an issue with using inferred floor planes in profiling operations locking them so you can't modify. This only occurs when manufacturing data is in assembly files and can be worked around by using a wave link geometry to select planes from.

Cheers
Steve Griffiths :)

If you want to make apple pie from scratch, first you must create the universe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back