Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 7.5 Glitch in hole creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonderborgJim

Mechanical
Feb 3, 2013
DK
Hi all,
First time posting here. I recently installed NX 7.5.4 on my Windows 7 machine. I am trying to do the simplest thing - drill a hole through a block. I create the block, create a straight through hole, and get this:
NX%20problem.png

The holed faces get destroyed with lots of partial triangle meshes. I've tried updating to 7.5.5 and reinstalling. Anyone got any suggestions? This is driving me nuts!

Regards

James

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi james,

One question, whats's the hardware configuration of yuor computer? Can you give some details?

Kind regards,

Best regards,

Pascal,

NX8 and waiting for NX 8.5, on Win7 64 Bit

Hi Pascal,
It's an HP Compaq with a 3GHz Intel Core2 Duo processor and 2GB RAM. Windows 7 Enterprise edition. Graphics is just the onboard Intel Q45/Q43 Express chipset.

James

Hi James,
You will get no support with that kind of Hardware,

Here's a link of the certified Hardware/Software for Siemens NX:
I am sure your system is not in it.
Link

My advice, if you need to work with it, get yourself a proper workstation (HP/Dell).
If it is only for some educational use, some "gaming" graphic cards work as well, but are not supported when having problems.

Kind regards,

Best regards,

Pascal,

NX8 and waiting for NX 8.5, on Win7 64 Bit

Thanks Pascal,
I have had it working on this machine (though always a bit slow!) but it was a while ago and it's only since a Windows 7 reinstall before Christmas that this problem has arisen. Unfortunately my need to use NX is intermittent and so I'm not sure I can wrangle a whole new workstation out of my boss!

Regards,

James

Hi James,

you can also try to disable graphics hardware acceleration in your system. This worked for us when we had to run NX on virtual machines with generic graphics drivers. In Windows 7, this seems to work only on non-nVidia, non-ATI graphics cards, so you can give it a shot:

* Right-click on desktop and choose Personalize
* Click on Display
* Click on Change Display Settings
* Click Advanced Settings
* Click the Troubleshoot Tab
* Click Change Settings (if it's not grayed out)
* Drag the slider to the "Off" position.

Source discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back