Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 8.5 "Attribute units are invalid (not known in this part)."

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEAEAEAE

Aerospace
Dec 16, 2011
US
Hi everyone,

Having some issues loading up an assembly in NX 8.5. The assembly is about 65,000 parts. I have to open the assembly as "structure only" and then load up each of the components individually, so with 65,000 parts...this is pretty time consuming. When I load some parts the error message, "Attribute units are invalid (not known in this part)." appears and the part remains unloaded. I'm not familiar with this error message and couldn't find any info online. Are any of you familiar with it and what I can do to get those parts loaded?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Gave them a call and they helped me out. In case anyone else has this problem, the issue that I had was due to the old version of NX that I was running. I was running 8.5.0.23 which was apparently pretty outdated. They suggested that updating to NX 8.5.2 or newer versions should fix the problem.

Now just have to wait for IT to install the updates. Will post an update once that is done.

I know it was something like that but didn't have the details off the top of my head but I knew someone in GTAC would.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back