Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX callout attribute in assembly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carliro

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2012
PL
Hi Friends,

I am building assembly in NX and I am manually doing callout attributes becauase I want them to be matching with the intent from Engineer but when I switch to cad drawing file (where I create drawing) I have those attributes different then in assembly. Do you Guys know why? And how to fix that to have it matching?

I include a screen shot with attribute in assembly and with attributes in drawing.

Drawing level Link

Assembly level Link

thanks
K.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3b3b6ad5-57a7-486c-8269-781e6c9746af&file=Drawing_33_Jul._08_19.22.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You were working in the assembly and you added the attributes to the components of that assembly. Those attributes are only available/valid in that particular assembly. I see that you are using the master model method for your drawing; this means that you are now working in a different assembly. The component attributes in the model assembly are not available in the drawing assembly; to make them available, you will need to synchronize the assembly. To synchronize the attributes: switch to your drawing file, in the assembly navigator - right click on the model assembly (108T5585G0001 in your case), choose properties -> assembly tab (expand the "synchronize subassembly properties" section if necessary) and click on synchronize subassembly properties -> [kbd]Attributes[/kbd] button. The attributes that you assigned in the model assembly file should now show up in the drawing assembly file.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back