Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Drafting and foreign languages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyra

Aerospace
Jan 12, 2010
US
NX Drafters,

Has anyone implemented a process to handle something like this? A dynamic way to update language of drawings when necessary...

Scenario: I use NX master model practices to create my drawings. My drawings are linked to model and will update reliably.

However I want to be able to change the language of my drafting notes to say Chinese or Turkish or whatever, when I know a part will be shipped out for mfg. A part may find it way to one of 6 different plants in 6 different countries with 6 different languages. The risk of a translation is great and can cause delays as translations create questions.

NX seems to be pretty static once a language is set for notes/drawing info.

Any suggestions or advise is welcome.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

in Germany there is a set of tools available called "NX tools".
We use it to fullfill the title blocks in German and English, with one layer for each one. The tool looks for the german word and automatically places the english translation on a different layer.
You need to create one translation file for every single notation you want to translate, but for standard notations I think it is ok.

The NX tools are for free, but you need a maintance contract. I don't know if you can get them outside germany, but you can run them with an english user interface.

HTH

Meinolf

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4dfcbec2-9643-4d11-af3f-2253cf40052d&file=NX_tools.PNG
Hi Meinolf,

It looks like thats a series of grip programs or UFunc? Can you tell if that is something Siemens provided or is it a home grown set of code?

We do have the requirement of Chinese so that might male it a bit different but the concept sounds like I am searching for.

Thanks for your response.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back