Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Face color update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyv44

Automotive
May 10, 2012
US
Is there a way to keep the face colors in a model from changing when an assembly is updated?
I have large assemblies with many components, and when I make a change to an individual component we change the affected faces to the color red. I have found that if I change another component that is WAVE linked into my main cavity and subtracted,and then update, the colors of my cavity will revert back to the colors of the block even though I have checked the box "Use Display Properties of Parent Part" on the linked body.
My "Display Properties for New Geometry"(under Modeling Preferences) are set to:
New Face Properties from: Parent Body
Boolean Face Properties from: Tool Body
Extracted and Linked Geometry from: Parent Object

It is very time consuming to change individual faces colors back to red every time another component is changed. I am sure I just have something set wrong, because I don't see anyone else having this issue. But I work with 3 other CAD designers and they see the same problem.

Any Suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Jimmy,
What NX version are you using? Will using "ASSIGN FEATURE COLOR" instead of imparting colors to individual faces be of any help in your case?
Let us know.
Best Regards
Kapil

I am running NX 7.5 now. And no, we need to be able to pick individual faces because the changes are very complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back