NX file to .nwd file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nam Dao

Mechanical
Jan 5, 2021
US
Hi everyone,

I have a customer that they are using Navisworks in their company. We tried to send them few files (Step, DWG, DXF) but none of them were working on our customer site. Do you guys have any idea how to convert NX file to .nwd file?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

sounds like operator error on their end. or its an older version?.

A quick google search produced this. Link

I should ask, what kind of data are you trying to send?

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your quick response. At first, I sent them the step file but they said they could not open it. Then, I checked the CAD supported list and sent them the DWG and DXF files, but they still could not open it. I am thinking about trying the JT file for one more time but they just ask me to send them the .nwd file so I am not sure if there is an workaround to convert NX to .nwd

It might depend on if they use the shareware version of Navis Works or "NavisWorks Manage". ( not freeware)
IF they have the "manage" version, they can open all the file formats seen in the table Rob N linked.

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

What kind of geometry are you trying to send? wireframe, surface/solids, or convergent/mesh?

if it's mesh, then you'll need to send STL or possibly JT.

Hi Toost,

They are requesting the .nwd file only for now so I think they are using the Navisworks freedom version. Is there something we can do to convert NX to nwd file?

I did a search and could NOT find any software or service which indicated that they could convert NX part files to the .nwd file format.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

.nwd is "NavisWorks native file format" and you probably need NavisWorks Manage to write one...

What kind of data is it you intend to send ?
Step files means 3D models, not drawings ?
What / how will these be used by the customer ?

Regards,
Tomas
2022-04-06_09-24-53_zmklgu.jpg

Thank you everyone. Since there is no way to convert NX to NWD directly, we decided to convert NX to DWG file then our client will convert DWG to NWD file by using Autodesk software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back