Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX "Dings" when deselecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxinarian

Mechanical
Mar 14, 2013
US
For some reason when I deselect objects from within a command by holding shift and picking (for example, I edit a blend and remove an edge) NX triggers the "Asterisk" sound. It dings when I press shift key, then again whenever I pick an object, and finally it dings again when I release the shift key. For the sake of my sanity I have disabled the "Asterisk" sound in windows sound manager but why is NX triggering the sound in the first place?

Version: NX 6.0.5.3
System: Windows 7 64 bit

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On one computer I had, if you held down the shift key for a certain amount of time, Windows would try to turn on some sort of "accessibility feature". It was in effect no matter what program was running. Once I disabled that the problem went away.

www.nxjournaling.com

Windows has a feature called Sticky keys, which i think was activated in Win XP if you pressed the same key say 6 times. (Or was it a time definition ?)

Regards
Tomas

It does not happen in any other application, only NX. It is also not "sticky keys" (that was my first thought, and it is triggered by clicking shift 5 times).
On doing some more investigation, it appears to only happen when NX is looking for edges/curves but not features or bodies.

in the following situations it chimes
Unpicking Blend edges
Unpicking Profiles for extrude
Unpicking edges for a chamfer

in the following it will not chime
Unpicking Surfaces for a trim
Unpicking Solids for a subtract
Unpicking within a sketch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back