Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX10 drafting section view inheriting hidden lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickDOS

Mechanical
Jun 16, 2015
US
Just installed NX 10.0.2 and I'm making sure I have all my settings correct. When I create a section view from a view that has hidden lines visible, the section view will inherit the hidden line settings (it will have hidden lines visible). NX 8.5 and 9 work fine (section views will not inherit hidden line settings). Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It might be a bug. Do you have Hidden Lines turned ON or OFF in your Drafting settings? Also, check to see if a new setting has been added for it to inherit settings from parent view.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

I have hidden lines defaulting to invisible. If the base view has them turned off then create the section, the section will have them off. if I turn them visible on the base view then create the section, the section view will have them visible.

I looked for a setting like that but didn't see anything. Although I could have missed something since they completely changed the settings layouts.

I've verified that this is happening with the latest version of NX 10.0 and also could not find any way to control this behavior in either Preferences or Customer Defaults. With that in mind, I've opened a PR and will report back anything that I learn.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back