Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX10 next release? When? 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Let's just say that, if we remain on schedule, we're considering subcontracting the delivery of the next version of NX to a jolly fellow [santa] who lives in the Northern climes and operates an air-delivery service powered by an array of rangifer tarandus[reindeer2] elements.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Who cares! our headquarters and IM development are based Helsinki. Can't get closer than that...:)

Ronald van den Broek
Mechanical Engineer
Cad Environment Coordinator
Wärtsilä, Propulsion Services
NX8.5.3 / TC9.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5
HP EliteBook 8570W Intel(R) Core(TM) I7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz, 16Gb Win7 64B

Loki, I don't think that you will get much of an answer to this question yet.
those who have played with the beta release are not allowed to say anything and the Siemens people will probably not say anything until the software is more close to release. - it's not popular if one states that "this and that" will be in the next release and when time comes "this and that" had to be excluded for some reason.

Ask again in the beginning of December :)

Regards,
Tomas

'No software will be relesed before its time."

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

I beta tested 10 and, while it is true testers are not supposed to chat about new features, testers are not privy to production release dates. However someone from Siemens mentioned sometime in December and that's no secret. I think they don't want to say any concrete dates until it is close to being ready for production release.

NX85
NX90

The world will be learning at lot more about the NEXT release of NX in a couple of weeks when the European Users Meeting kicks off on Oct 6th in Berlin, Germany.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

I was told at the PLM Conference in Florida in June that release 10 would be available for download on Dec 23 of this year. That was from a Siemens presenter

If someone from Siemens volunteered an actual date then he did so against the orders of our management team. No specific delivery dates shall be shared with the public or to individuals (the few situations where this might be done generally fall under non-discolsure agreements) until we are actually prepared to ship the product. Any discussion of dates prior to that are are both inappropriate and irresponsible.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

10.0.2 will be released sometime after 10.0.1, which will be preceded by 10.0.0.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

loki3000 said:
you can at least give some hints as to where the biggest improvements are...

Next Monday, October 6th, there will be more information that we can provide you. Also check with our corporate website on Monday:

Now if you'ed like to actually see the NEXT version of NX being demoed and you happen to be in Berlin next week...

...or if you're here in the states, there are still 12 Regional User Meetings scheduled between now and the middle of November...

...where I will be personally demoing the NEXT version of NX.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

While we've been instructed to NOT use the actual version number in any comments posted on public forums, until the official announcement (which will be next Monday, October 6th), I can assure you is that it will NOT be called NX 9.5!!!

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back