Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX10 next release? When? 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

BTW, a recent question has come up and it concerns the use of what's called the information 'Listing Window'. Do any of you currently write or use progranms which extracts and them parses the contents of the listing window? If so, what sort of data are you extracting and how is it being used?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

JohnRBaker said:
Do any of you currently write or use progranms which extracts and them parses the contents of the listing window?

I'm currently using/maintaining a program that writes listing window information to a network stored text file. I wouldn't really call it "parsing", but we are using the listing window info. This program is part of our export logging. This program runs automatically when someone chooses and export command. It checks if the user is authorized for export, writes their user name, date, and the part being exported and saves the LW info to a text file.

I don't have any programs that parse the information window (there are usually better ways to get the needed info), but while modeling, I'll often copy & paste values from the information window (usually the results of a distance or measure bodies command).

www.nxjournaling.com

I do no programming at all, but you DO NOT REMOVE the listing window information!
It is one of the things that make NX stand out in the world of computer applications, you can at any time get information about ( almost*) ANYTHING in NX, - Wonderful! -where would i be without it...
- example, Don't you guys hate it in say Microsoft Word/ any software when something gets screwed up, and there is no way of finding information about why or what ?

(* At the moment i am trying to find a report on assembly arrangements, which components are suppressed, which components have moved and to where, but this seems to be missing in NX7.5...
- Enhancement request in the works.)

Regards,
Tomas

Looks like NX-10 is released.

Now if only I could get me a licence file?

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

I hope not; .5 versions are an idiotic idea that most likely only served very few, albeit very large, customers.

So long .5 and I hope I never see you again.

NX9

Well, that might have been true of NX 7.5 but it was actually the NX 7.0 release which was the one released to serve "very few, albeit very large, customers". NX 7.5 was the official full release. However, in the case of NX 8.0/8.5, this was a totally different situation altogether with BOTH releases being official releases that got full distribution. The primary reason for the NX 8.5 release was so that we would meet our commitment to start delivering ONLY 64-bit versions of NX on ALL platforms starting with NX 9.0, thus allowing us one more full cycle where both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions of NX were available to our customers. Granted, this might have been due to a "few, albeit very large, customers" not yet being in a position to move to 64-bit Windows in the timeframe given, but in the end, NX 8.5 was treated as a full release intended for ALL of our customer base.

But your sentiment about hoping that there will never be another NX XX.5 release is widely held by us here at Siemens PLM and to that end, we hope to avoid creating situations in the future where this might be necessary.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

I just got the e-mail that NX 10.0 is released. Happy Holidays!!

John Joyce
N.C. Programming Supervisor
Barnes Aerospace, Windsor CT
NX6, NX7.5,NX8.5, NX9.0
Vericut7.3

Christmas has come early for the NX diehards like hudson888 [santa]
Work is closed for 2 weeks, so I doubt I'll be poking my head around here.
I hope you all have a great Christmas, happy holidays and a spectacular 2015.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX10 with almost every MR (21versions)

And to give you all an idea that we're not letting the holidays slow us down much, I just installed the first 'kitted' phase of the first NX 10.0 MR, NX 10.0.1.2.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

As for the licensing issue, since the internal plan stated that NX 10.0 would be available for customer download no earlier than December 23rd, 2014, I suspect that the group responsible for moving the files to the download site and the group responsible for the license generator are just a bit out-of-sync. While it would be nice if the second group caught-up with the first as quickly as possible, technically they didn't need to be ready until Tuesday, so I guess we should give them until then before we consider it as being late. Now as to why the first group moved their date up by a few days, I suspect that perhaps so many people were going to be off next week that they didn't want to delay the 'release' anymore than they needed to.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

If you know who to ask nicely and you've been good this year, then it's possible to get your license.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX10 with almost every MR (21versions)

Any clue when the What's New in NX10 will be available for those of us who are unable to migrate?

Thanks!

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.2.5 Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back