Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX10 sheet metal puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlis

Mechanical
Jan 8, 2015
LV
Hi all,
I have attached a parasolid file. It was created with SolidWorks 2016 using complex side route to sheet metal because the SW sheet metal features were not advanced enough to perform this in a way that it could be flat patterned. Can anyone please try and recreate this using NX sheet metal? Please note that the part is slightly tapered.
Thanks in advance!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=22c47447-9ada-45c4-8ba7-1aaaad40a6c7&file=s23.x_t
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes the skewed inwards is big if the openings points of the circles
are far from the aliged state and small if are close to the aligned state

If you need it not aligned I guess it is impossible.

The part I need to design has this twist angle close to 180 degrees. So I guess that makes me proud, to have discovered something that I have made with my own hands with very little effort, but it is impossible to model it with Siemens PLM NX10! :D

What is the catch? This parasolid model is easy to model... So what I am missing?
extrude with draft, make line with neded angle, project it, make profile for cut-out, swept it with orientation set to face normals, subtract it... this is like 2 minutes... so what I am missing here.

IvanNX, well you are missing the sheet metal part. It has to be sheet metal in order to pull a valid flat pattern out of it. When I tried converting the solid to sheet, I was told it is impossible because there are no linear edges to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back