Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX11 issue when switching modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitchNHTC

Aerospace
Jul 26, 2018
US
I recently cloned a job a few weeks ago with no issues. I cloned it again and did all my modeling work with no issues. When I tried to switch to drafting module from the modeling module, the drafting sheets all showed up but it seems to have put me into the gateway module. This left me unable to do anything to the drafting sheets. These jobs were originally done in UG10. We haven't seen this happen until we started using NX11. No error messages popped up. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No. It is stuck it appears in the gateway. You can select the modeling module and edit and create new things. But it doesn't switch to drafting module when selected. Your roles for the drafting have never loaded because you are not in the drafting module. I've included a screenshot to show what the ribbon looks like.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=698816e3-b20c-4e96-bf4f-f3936c13a7f9&file=Module_switch.PNG
This issue has been resolved. Apparently our rent a I.T. guy did not install the latest released version of NX11. After this was done my issues went away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back