Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX12.0.1.7 MP1 Measure command drastically changed. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurgenKreisel

Automotive
Feb 3, 2010
CA
Just installed the latest mp for NX 12.01.
The measure command has been drastically changed.
Has anyone else seen the changes?
Any comments?
There were several bugs that we discovered and as a result have rolled back before the mp.

I have 10 designers and non of them like the changes.
The PDF that came with this update is very limited and there is no help docs yet.

NX12 Windows7/10.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jackorsen, This is how it should work.
All the old measurements methods are still there but hidden.
If you use the command finder, you can find and re-activate these buttons in the user interface.
Search for Measure distance or measure angle or ...

Regards,
Tomas

Toost. Its not the problem that we want to have old measure functions, we all want to have new measure function. But the command finder does not find it. The icon for new measure is the ruler but shown diagonally as an icon.. but my co workers cannot find the new measure function not even in the command finder. The analysis ribbon is the same as in nx11.. thats weird..

see the "SCREEN" photo i attached. if i search "Measure" it shows this results.
the first result is the new measure icon, second and third is old. This is shown only when i search on my computer, my colleagues do not get the same result, but have the same NX version (12.0.1.7)

see the "SCREEN2" photo wich shows the nx11 analysis ribbon and nx12 analysis ribbon. only on my computer analysis ribbon looks like it should in nx12, all my colleagues have old analysis ribbon.

this is really confusing. even the support guys were curious how this happened..

we will make a fresh installation and see if this helps...

Could someone explain this? I don't remember having this in NX11.
Distance from face to point.

Switch from NX10 to NX11 was smooth. NX11 to NX12 seems like never-ending story of problems.

2018-09-19_10_10_13-NX_12_-_Modeling_ujzydy.png

My last NX patch: NX 12.0.1.7 D2, 29Jun18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back