Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX12 - Modeling - Clip Dynamic Sections - How to delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoShmo22

Aerospace
Nov 20, 2020
US
I am working on a 3D model that somehow ended up with over 350 dynamic sections ("clip" sections visible in Assembly Navigator). I would like to clean this up and delete them all, or some of them, but there is no option to delete these when you RMB click on them, or when you press the Delete key. It's not clear if the Part Cleanup utility can be used to remove these sections.

Is it possible to delete these Sections?

When I RMB click on a section, there is no option to "Delete", but I've seen other people have this "Delete" button option when they RMB click the section. Is there a setting that I need to change to enable the "Delete" option?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The delete key on my keyboard doesn't seem to work for this either. I am on NX1872.
You need to RMC (right mouse click) and highlight a section (or all of the sections at the same time) in the tree and go down to DELETE.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

Unfortunately, the "DELETE" option does not appear in the drop-down when I highlight a section and RMB click. I've seen this "DELETE" option available for others, so it seems the solution to finding how to delete those clip sections will be finding out where my "Delete" option went and how to get it back??

Are you right clicking on an entry in the assembly navigator or in the graphics window?
In my experience, the delete option only shows up when you RMB on a section entry in the assembly navigator.

NX12_delete_section_ndby4z.png

www.nxjournaling.com

I can confirm that I am in "Modleing" environment, not gateway, and also RMB clicking on the section listed in the Assy Navi, not in graphics window. The same problem is true when I try to delete this in other models, so it doesn't seem to be a corrupt part file either. I've tried restarting, etc. as well.

I wonder if the layer settings could have an affect on this.
Could the dynamic sections be in a non-selectable layer ?
Make all the layers selectable and see if you can delete them.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

Very weird. I restarted teamcenter/ NX, opened this model (Layer 1 only layer visible) and again couldn't see the "Delete" option. I turned on all layers and this time finally could see the "Delete" option. Before deleting the extra sections, I tried turning all the layers off again to try to pinpoint which layer they were on (there were ~350 sections and none of my layers had that many objects on them), but after I turned off all layers, except for Layer 1, the "Delete" option was still visible. Very weird, but problem solved. Thanks Jerry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back