Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX1872 - Components switch to Drafting mode Automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
We have just recently updated to NX1872

Designers are complaining that they can be in an assembly in modeling, but when they open a detail in a new window, it automatically switches them to drafting every time. If they are in modeling and they go to a component in the assembly, they want to stay in modeling.

Im pretty sure there is a setting for this in Customer Defaults but I cant seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have come to realize that when we open a file, it opens in whatever application it was last saved.

We would prefer it to stay in whatever application we presently are in when we open a file.

Anyone know where this setting is?

You won't like it, but from Siemens Support Center: The "Enter Application where Part was last saved or displayed" customer default was removed in NX12 to support Multiple Display Parts workflow.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4 to NX CR with almost every MR (18versions)

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was searching and found a forum where someone else showed an image of NX9 and NX12 and the option to change it was missing in NX12. They were asking if there was another way. That was posted 3 years ago and no replies. lol So I was expecting this answer but hoping for another. lol

Thanks for the answer PhoeNX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back