Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX1982 ? - Flattening and Forming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
When we flattening a surface, it allows you to select objects to transfer.

When we transfer a point that has an attribute attached to it, the new point will have that same attribute. However, if you select a line that has an attribute, the new line is a spline and has no attributes.

Is there any way to carry over the attributes on a line?

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Support? Are you saying to request this option? Or are you saying that it should carry over the attributes and we need to look into why it is not for us?

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

I think Cowski's saying that you should ask either GTAC or your NX provider if this is expected to work or ... etc.
if it isn't supposed to work , you can then create an Enhancement Request for this, and maybe in a few years it will be fixed.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Yes, please ask support if the attributes should carry over. I suspect that mapping a point to/from the flat/deformed state is fairly easy, so the devs use the same point object and the attributes stay with the point. However, when mapping a line from the flat to the deformed state, the line object will also need to be deformed. Since you cannot do this with a line object, a spline is created and shaped accordingly. It was probably not in the original plan (an oversight) to map over the line's attributes, so you will probably get an answer along the lines of "this feature is working as designed" and (if you are lucky) they will convert your incident report (IR) into an enhancement request (ER).

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back