Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX3 DEFAULT SETTING 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbozich

Automotive
Aug 18, 2004
US
TRYING TO FIND THE FILE THAT CONTROLS DEFAULT FILE SETTINGS
(TEXT STYLE & COLOR,BACK GROUND COLOR, DIM STYLE, ETC....)
SO WHEN I START A NEW FILE OR SEND OUT FILE FROM ASS'Y, MY DEFAULT A SET UP THE WAY I NEED & NOT STANDARD DEFAULT THAT
COME WITH NX3
THANK YOU
MB

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a small post regarding Customer Defaults at: . It covers what variables points to your site, group, and user preferences. These should be stored on a centrally accessible location on a server somewhere or a shared drive if it is a small shop. There are some defaults that you want to lock down so that users or groups do not override them, that is done by selecting the lock in the customer defaults.

-Dave
PLM Exchange

These variables are probably best set up in a common startup script also on a server. All you would have to do is have a NX startup script to call the common startup script to set these variables. Also if you have the user defaults variable set to the users common shared home folder where ever they log into NX, they will have their same user settings.

Make sure the Site and Group settings are locked down by the O/S so not anyone can change them, and ther user settings should be either wide open or locked down by the user who created them by using a domain account.

-Dave
PLM Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back