Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX3 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngMfg1

Aerospace
Dec 9, 2004
US
Hi folks

In drafting when I switch between a 2D draw space to 3D using the display sheet icon in the drawing layout toolbar, if I put any kind of text in, using the annotation editor in a 3 dimensional draw space some where on a model that I have been working on, I’ll find that every time I switch between modeling, drafting and manufacturing I lose the text somewhere.

Anyone knows, why this might happen.

Thank all

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you enter text in space while in drafting with the drawing display turned off, the text you create is "view dependant". Whatever view you were in when in Modelling is the view your text is associated to. If you cycle through your views using "replace view" while in Modelling you'll see your text reappear in the view it's a dependant of. There's a way to remove that dependancy but I haven't done it in so long I can't remember it....lol.

Gents,
Most folks have a grip routine handy to convert entities back and forth between 'model' and 'view dependent'. However, you may want to try this: <Edit> <View> <View Dependent> ...click the items to convert, and then click the icon (middle-ish of the dialog box) for converting from model to view dependent (or vise versa). Hope this helps...

SS

lol..yeah...just found it. So EngMFG...just select your text after you create it and hit that "Model to View" icon in the "View Dependant Edit" dialog and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back