Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX4.0 installs, I-DEAS12.0 doesn't. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

longliveideas

Automotive
May 31, 2012
GB
Hi all,
New to this group so apologies for starting with a problem.
Many moons ago I purchased a standalone I-DEAS license with the license key tied to my network card. Eventually through maintenance payments I received the I-DEAS12.0 / NX4.0 combined license which was installed and working perfectly on my old Dell XP laptop.
This laptop died and has been replaced by a Dell Windows 7 laptop.
I've edited the registry to change the MAC address to suit the license key.
I've installed the Flex License Manager using what seems to be a common workaround.
I've installed Orbix and Java, I-DEAS12.0 and NX4.0.
You do need to select 'Run As Administrator' to get things to work, but it does work (some of it). And herein lies the problem.

I can run NX4.0. No problem.
I can run the I-DEAS stand alone Drafting.
I cannot run I-DEAS itself.

When I run the TDI wizard to create the TDM I get the following message 'Resource Lock Server Installation Failed', but the wizard does complete.
When I start I-DEAS I get 'Operating system denied access on the I-DEAS Team Master Directory. Modify the access priveleges and retry the operation'

From spending most of the day on Google, It seems that I should have a resource locking type program in the uninstall list on the control panel, but I don't, but I can't find anything anywhere on any forums to point me in the right direction.

I'm reasonably convinced that the license is ok as I can run NX and drafting. To be honest, I'm surprised that I've got this far, so if there is anyone who knows where I'm going wrong please shout. I suppose I could always install XP as a dual boot option if need be, but I'd rather get it sorted on Windows 7.
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi longliveideas,

the license is not the problem. You have to install the I-deas Ressource Lockeing Service on your new "Server".
Look on the installation media into the folder Ressourcelocking, it is just a .msi . You will only notice a new Ressource Locking Service in the windows service list.
You have also to change the value for the ressource lockeing server in your ideas-param12.dat in your team.
Please search for the word "dflex", it is something like 7610@servername.

Have fun.

simba69

Thanks simba69,
Just back from holiday and I've tried this, but I just get a 'failed to start' message due to not having admin priveliges (even when running as admin). It does let me install the SFAM component the same way, but not the resource locking, and I can't find anything on any forum to suggest a work round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back