Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX4 Sketch Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred2002

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2002
GB
Is there a defined number of entities within a sketch (i.e. curves and constraints) above which the software cannot cope?

Is this defined by the memory and speed of the computer?

Thanks in advance.

Fred.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am creating a sketch with some curves which define some engraving for a part. I have got to the stage where my computer 'thinks' for a long time before creating a new constraint which would not normally cause a problem. Adding the final constraint also tends to make the sketch overconstrained.

Fred,

Just a comment, looking at the problem from a different perspective perhaps.

Do you need to constrain everything in the sketch? Depending on what you are engraving you may not benefit greatly from constraining everything if you're unlikely to want to change it for any reason. NX works just fine in most cases without having to have each and every sketch fully constrained.

If it is a repetitive patter of some sort you may want to sketch the first instance of the pattern and then build the model with an array to produce several identical copies.

Hoping this helps

Regards

Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back