Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX4 TOLERANCES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian77

Marine/Ocean
Sep 4, 2003
ES
Hello,
I am new user and I don't know if there is a way of including tolerances in the drawings without having added such information previously in the PMI during the design.

What I mean is something simple like in solidworks where you indicate, for instance, if a shaft is h7 (or whatever) and the program adds the tolerances (+ -) automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi,
may be not...here we are importing the .prt files which we have created which you can use anytime.(depending on the size of the sheet we prepared them and kept at our intranet so that everyone can use).Lets hope some body can give us good tip.

Alex.

Hello,

Is estrange, since Solidworks has very user friendly feature to be used in 2D drawings, not so complicated as Nx PMI. The tolerances feature for 2D drawings in NX is too simple and doesn't include ISO symbol nor automated calculation of tolerance(PMI does it).

Regards,

hi plmexchange,

My question deals with ISO 286.
If I have a shaft dimension 45h9, in the drawing I would show it as 45h9(0 -0,062) (positive above and negative below). the values in brackets would be completed automatically by the software, once I define the main value as h9 or whatever.

Also have a look for instance at:

I hope my explanation is OK. If you need further clarifications please let me know.

Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back