Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX5 - AUTOMATE PDF EXPORT? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurley710

Automotive
Feb 4, 2009
US
Currently, we export drawings into an Electronic Data Management System using GRIP. Drawings are released into .hgl format. Is there a way to automate an export of these drawings as .pdf?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Cowski,
Yes I'm using 64bit, on windows 7 at version NX6.0.5.
I'll try creating the journal you suggested. So do you think if i created the file in, say 6.0.4.3 , and I'm now running the journal in 6.0.5 it may cause this problem?

It is possible.

The error message "original view is invalid" makes it sound like something is wrong with the part, but if it gives the same error in every file then something else must have changed.

Cowski,
I did the replace view journal and it works in numerous parts, so i looked at its code which was slightly different to your journal, so i copied it in it's place, but still got the same error when playing the journal.
The code read....

Dim layout1 As Layout = CType(workPart.Layouts.FindObject("L1"), Layout)

Dim modelingView1 As ModelingView = CType(workPart.ModelingViews.FindObject("TOP"), ModelingView)

layout1.ReplaceView(workPart.ModelingViews.WorkView, modelingView1, True)

Instead of your.....

Dim layout1 As Layout = CType(workPart.Layouts.Current, Layout)
Dim modelingView1 As ModelingView = CType(workPart.ModelingViews.FindObject("TOP"), ModelingView)
layout1.ReplaceView(workPart.ModelingViews.WorkView, modelingView1, True)

Does this give any clues?

Cowski,
I'm getting somewhere now...
My journal only works from a drawing file if i first switch to modelling...
So, i tried using your journal, but first switching to modelling, instead of letting the journal do it, and even tho it takes a very long time to complete, it actually creates the dxf, although it also saves the cgm, & the part it uses to import the cgm

Cowski,
Even better....
I've just tried some recent files, as long as i switch to modelling first, your journal works fine, and the temp files don't get saved..

Hello,

Can the X_T-Step-Iges.vb export be altered to select multiple solids/sheet bodies from a file?

For example, have it Export all currently shown Sheets and solids on the screen?

Rob

I've been digging through this script, and it looks like cgmbuilder sets the defaults in the cgm export window. Is there another function taht can be called in NX5 that does this? If not, is there a way to make these settings without cgmbuilder? I'm not sure when/if we are going to switch to NX6 or above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back