Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6 64Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GladwinJay

Industrial
Jun 29, 2004
US
I am running a 64bit OS with NX6.0.1.5 64bit software. During a recent GTAC call the CS rep. made the statement that since my program is installed in the "Program Files (X86)" folder that I am only getting 32bit performance.

Is this true? Is there any way to find out what my machine is really running at?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you sure you have the 64 bit version of UGS and ran the 64 bit executable? Also, are you sure you have a 64 bit OS? Just double check, you know?

You can see if you have a 64 bit OS by right clicking My Computer and looking under Properties.

I am confident that I have both 64bit os and software installed. I am questioning the location of the program files. Since it is in (X86) will only run in 32bit? How can I check this?

I can't say if having the files installed into the 32bit directory will make a difference, but I can say that the 64bit version installed into the 64bit directory on my Vista64 machine.

-Dave
Everything should be designed as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back