Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6 - How to setup a mouse , so that I can use it as a 3D mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friggerpants

Aerospace
Mar 8, 2009
It might be a bit of a n00bish question, but I've just bought a new mouse for my workstation, which has a middle scroll button.

Now at work, we are able to use the middle scroll button, to view the part/assembly in different projections, I.E If I hold the left button and the middle button down, and move the mouse, I can zoom in and out etc.

How can I assign my mouse to do this in NX6?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go to the Mouse Properties item in the Control Panel folder and set the buttons as follows:

Button #1: Click/Select
Button #2: Middle Button
Button #3: Context Menu/Alternate Select

That should take care of it.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Nah, I haven't got that option.

I've just downloaded new drivers off Logitech, and setup my mouse button now, and it all works, now I can bask in 3D glory!

Might invest in one of those 3D space navigator things, we have them at work, and they're amazing fun!

I wouldn't even want to try and use NX for any length of time without a 'Spaceball' (AKA 3D Navigator). I've got one in my office, one at home and one I carry with me in my briefcase so no matter where I take my laptop, I'm covered.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

You know that you're a CAD user when you never leave home without your toothbrush AND your space navigator.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

I'm waiting to see a CAD centered laptop with a built in spaceball. Of course, if it is truely a CAD machine, they'd need to figure out how to rig a laptop with dual internal monitors tool; that might be a bit more of a challange, but it'd look pretty awesome. Haha

That's every bit of sweet. You see the size of that trackpad? The entire length of the computer. Given its only 2 dimensional, but dang. I'm not a huge fan of MACs, so I don't know if they can do this yet or not, but they could apply a gesture to try to acheive 3D navigation, like 3 fingers being radially brought together to synthesis "up" or spreading out for "down"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back