Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6- mating

Status
Not open for further replies.

jptooldie

Automotive
Apr 14, 2010
CA
Have a lot to learn to move from NX2 to NX6. Here comes the mating. Center. I can't find 1 to 1 sub type. Is there something wrong with the set up? thx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Under Type, pick Touch Align. Then, next to Orientation, pick Infer Center/Axis. Then it works just like before. You can also use Concentric and pick the edges of the holes, which essentially does both surface to surface and center to center. The only problem with this is that if you want to fill up a pattern of holes with screws the Concentric constraint won't let you make a component pattern, so you have to use Touch and then Infer Center/Axis. Hopefully they'll fix this. Good luck.

Thanks,

But isn't the "center" supposed to do the work? I looked up the documentation. it tells me there is a subtupe called "1 to 1". Just couldn't find it.

In the assembly constraint window choose "center" from the drop down list. There will be a another list of types that appears below it:
1-1
2-1
1-2

However, for most 1-1 alignments you don't need to bother with centre. Use "touch align" and touch-align the hole axes.
These appear as centre lines if you hover on the curved surfaces.

I've used both systems and whilst the old mating conditions was pretty good, I'd say that the new system is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back