Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX7.5 Sketch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebuchter

Mechanical
Aug 21, 2010
US
I recently started at new company and some of the NX settings are different and I am having a problem trying to figure out the text size in the sketcher. I have the Fixed at Height box checked but when I zoom in and out the text is still getting larger and smaller, is there another setting somewhere else?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you're talking about changing the setting for your current sketch, you need to go to...

Task -> Sketch Style...

...and toggle ON the 'Fixed Text Height on Screen' option that you find on THIS dialog.

The option that you find on the...

Preferences -> Sketch...

...dialog has NO impact on the current sketch nor any existing sketches. Changing settings on the Preferences dialog will only effect NEW sketches created AFTER making the changes.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

The weird thing is, under Task -> Sketch Style... the "Fixed Text Height" is toggled ON, only when I uncheck it is when it the text stays at the same height.

When you say it stays the same height, are you talking about it's absolute height or the apparent height as seen on the screen? In other words when you zoom in and out does the size as seen on the screen change height or not? With this option the term 'Fixed' means realtive to the screen NOT fixed in the sense that the text's absolute height will never change.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back