Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX7 release ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When it is ready!

I would guess about User Group time in June. May be later as beta testers don't have it yet.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

We just went over to NX6! We'll be fine with that for the coming 5 years at least.

I would prefer a lower release rate and better testing. NX6 already has a MP3! Software developers also underestimate the workload generated by a change to a new release.

Who will end this madness?

"There are easier ways of earning a living than in the casting industry. But few are as exiting"
After Prof. John Campbell

Gieter

Well, if there are some who wish NX6 came along at some later date, then they're entitled to their opinion. Our perspective is that the new technologies, functionality, and user interface represented by NX5 and NX6 couldn't have come sooner. There are just too many improvements to list, over NX4, NX3, etc, that help get real engineering & design work done.

From what the various tidbits of info sound like, NX7.5 can't come sooner, either... especially from the standpoint of FEM.

Speaking of which, is there any preview documentation that can be shared discussing anticipated new functionality in NX7 or NX7.5?

Keep up the madness!

Well, as we get closer to PLM World (June 1-4 in Nashville) there will be more details released about NX 7.0, which will be fully demonstrable at the meeting.

As for NX 7.5, while there will be no formal demos of anything that will look like a finished product, there will be presentations given which will include some details about the areas which are being invested in for NX 7.5 as well as demonstration/presentations covering some of those specific application areas such as CAE, CAM and other disciplines.

As for the comment about NX 6.0, note that it was released over 9 months ago and that by the time NX 7.0 is released, 15 months will have passed. In our business, anything greater than 12 months is an eternity in terms of trying to get both new technology and capabilities to our customers as well as being able to meet the commitments which we have had to make in order to remain a viable and competitive supplier of software and services to the markets which we are actively involved in, to say nothing of our responsibilities to our parent corporation who also happens to be a very large global user of our products and services.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I can't agree more with Potrero. I would trade small bugs for easy-of-use and functionality any day.

John, from your post, is it safe to assume that the most changes in manufacturing (CAM module) would take place in 7.5 as oppose to 7.0? If so, does Siemens have an idea of the release for 7.5?

thank you

While I can't really speculate too much about NX 7.5 since it's release date is still better than a year out from now, I think it would be safe to say that for virtually ANY area of the product, NX 7.5 will be seen as a more significant release than will will NX 7.0 be seen as.

Now that's about all that I think I can comment about at this time. But if any of you are at PLM World in Nashville I'm sure that you will learn much more about what our plans are for the next couple of releases.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I hope, the isoparametric curves creation can be used as parametric creation in NX7.

This command is very useful for surface modelling.

thx,

Best Regards,
Rudolf JONAS
Mechanical Engineer
Hungary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back