Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX8.5 - Arrangements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARToolingEngineer

Aerospace
May 11, 2021
US
Greetings,

I have been assigned a revision to a drawing where the model uses different Arrangements to display how the tool is positioned at different stages of its use. How do you get to the dialog that allows you to modify the numbers in an Arrangement?

Thanks,

Brent

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok, I've learned where to find how to edit the values of Arrangements. I am not interested to know if a view in the drawing that was created with a specific Arrangement, can we change which Arrangement the view displays? If so, how do you do that?

Thanks,

Brent

I see you are running NX8.5 , I do not know if this option exists there or not. I think I remember we had this problem earlier.
If you edit ( not settings, edit) an existing view one can change the arrangement.

Regards, Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

If this is in NX 8.5 You can create a new view with the arrangement that you want. Then you can inherit that view by double clicking on the border of the view you want to modify, then go to the bottom of the dialogue box to inherit, then go to the setting source and change this to selected objects. Now select your new view. Hopefully this will change the view arrangement to show the arrangement of the new view that was created. I hope this makes sense. I think this was a work around when we had NX8.5 I am not 100% sure that this will work.. IF I remember it was a hit or miss type of workflow.

Ok, thank you SDETERS. It does make sense. Sure would be nice to simply be able to select any Arrangement that has been created. Anyway, thanks again, I'll give that approach a shot.

For what it is worth I think in NX 11 or 12 they give you this option. But in the earlier releases it is not easy to do. I Do not remember which NX version this was added into. We use a ton of arrangements and this was one of the best enhancements we ever got from NX. ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back