Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NXOpen Tolerance Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinaykeerthi

Aerospace
Feb 8, 2016
SE
Hi,
I'm writing an NXOpen script to extract the dimensions and the zones from a drawing file into an Excel spreadsheet using VB. However, I'm facing problems with the tolerances.

Specifically, when I am extracting unilateral tolerances using annotations.dimension.UpperMetricToleranceValue, I am getting a default value of -0.1 wherever there is no tolerance. Same follows for the lower unilateral case with LowerMetricToleranceValue. The size which is 0, is returning a value of -0.1.

Untitled_crxkvh.png

Can someone help me with this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
+0.1 and -0.1 are the default tolerance values for the dimension builder. For example When you create the dimension if you choose the unilateralAbove dimension then it won't allow you to edit the lower tolerance values. But in the dimension object it won't to be reset to 0.

The solution for this, Get the tolerance values as per the tolerance type.
If dimension tolerance type is UnilateralAbove then don't get the lower tolerance values..

If you feel this is a bug then raise in GTAC.

Thanks,
Selvaraj C
NX Automation Engineer.

Oh! I see. Figured that there had to be some defaults somewhere. Thanks a lot! I opted to get the tolerances based on ToleranceType instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back