Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nylon Polyamide 1010 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppat

Mechanical
May 27, 2004
CA
I am looking for technical specifications of nylon 1010. I am trying to compare its mechanical properties with nylon 66 and acetal. Any names of manufacturers of this resin might also be usefull. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dupont.

ChemE, M.E. EIT
"The only constant in life is change." -Bruce Lee

I found this on a google search of "nylon 1010 resin." Dongchenchem Company. The page came up unavailable, but if you hit the google "cached" icon, it comes up with some information. I cannot tell if they manufacture the resin, though, or if they mold it into products. It seems the majority of hits on google are from chinese or other asian companies. I also found on google a chinese company that markets sebacic acid, apparently a reactant in the manufacturing of Nylon 1010. Hengshui Dongfeng Chemical Co.Ltd. You may be able to find out who from them who buys their acid.

ChemE, M.E. EIT
"The only constant in life is change." -Bruce Lee

Nylon 6/10 is classified as a strategic material, you can't legally send it into China. The good news is that the Chinese have made Nylon 1010 locally and its much cheaper. The data sheets for Nylon 6/10 apply. I have been using Nylon 1010 on several projects, recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back