Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O/T SAIT AET Grads

Status
Not open for further replies.

planedr

Aerospace
Jun 15, 2005
US
I was wondering how many SAIT AET grads are registered here?
How many have gone to get PE's.

Might be a short list might not...

Thanks for comin out

Al CET EIT, Sait AET 97'

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's the beauty of it. If you went you'd know. Engineers love acronyms so my wife says......

SAIT Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
AET Aeronautical Engineering Technology
PE Professional Engineer or
PEng Canadian PE
Grad Graduate ;-)
CET Certified Engineering Technologist
EIT Engineer in Training

I have seen posts from 4(?) others. I was just wondering How many and what years are represented.

Y'already know of me. Class of '99.

And the invite to lunch next time you're in town still stands. AND you missed the Stampede BBQ.

(For everyone else reading... The college cancelled the program, so it's hard for alumni to keep track of each other, now).

Steven Fahey, CET

Steve sorry I missed you when I was back in april. My wife cut's off my internet access on holidays...

I will give you a ring. Next week I have your number. I know a couple in BC one at Cascade (Brent M he was in your class)and a couple at SPAR in Edmonton.

I am kind of isolated now in Tx so I try to keep up more.

I heard the program was cancelled I keep in touch with Alf. That was always Len's agenda (cancelling) anyway so no surprise. A disservice to the industry in Canada I believe.

I saw one other who used SAITAETGRAD and a couple who I thought were grads. I was hoping to flush some out this way..

I was on the Advisory Committee for the AET Program and was sad to see it go. At the time though, there seemed to be a problem with getting the grads employed...the main players in Canada were playing "credentialism" and as such hiring from local universities with an aero option or program.

At the time, there was a glimmer of hope in that SAIT indicated that they would revisit the programs viability in 3-5 years to see if the market had changed. To date, I haven't heard a word.

Randall Shelaga C.E.T.

Dot1
Class of 1957; later, U of Michigan Aerospace
P. Eng of Ontario about 1963
One of the fortunate few still in the industry; Currently a structures contractor with DND after retiring twice.
Previous activities;
Canadair; systems
de Havilland; structures
Transport Canada A/C Certification; various+ A/C Services
Bombardier Mirabel; Design Approval/Airworthiness
L-3 Mirabel; Design Approval/Airworthiness
DAR Consultiant;
DND Contractor; Structures

Dave Peck
Superlight Ltd.
Ottawa, Ont.
dpeck@magma.ca