Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object display on Importet View in Drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinSweden

Mechanical
Mar 23, 2009
SE
Hi!

Working on NX 5.0.5.3 Master Model concept with TC integration.

In the drawing specification of a "Pneumatic System" I would like to show the placement of the "Pneumatic System" in the "Main Assy".

I achive this by adding a part view and thats all working. However, since the "Main Assy" is a bit complex I would like to emphasize the "Pneumatic System" in the part view.

Object Display works on the Base view and enables me to change line type but is it possible to do this on a part view?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I wouldn't necessarily prefer using object display. Rather you might want to look into the functionality of defined render sets in drafting. You'll find it under the view tab of the view style dialog in drafting.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Render Sets worked on Base Views, however, on views imported from parts it doesn't work.

So my problem is still how to emphesize a part on a view imported from part...

Any ideas?

/Martin

Yes it seems you're correct. I don't know why it should not work. You may have to resort to actually adding the component directly either on a separate layer or using the "remove component from view" function to ensure it appears only in the appropriate places. I'm suggesting of course that you stick to defining render sets in certain views where necessary, but unfortunately it seems you may have to forgo the convenience of adding the view from you reference part using that imported method.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back