Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

object snap settings of catia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanical
Dec 14, 2003
TR
hi friends. i am working on part modeling of CATIA. while i was using sketch i can't select midpoint, endpoint..etc. can anybody solve my problem, please. thanks for your contrubutions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've had a similar problem. So far my solution has been to create a "point by clicking" at any near by location, then constrain the point to the line or circle either by dimension or by concentric constraint. You also might want to click on the "construction geometry " tool first.

Hi,

If you are running CATIA on a PC, you can delete the contents of CATsettings directory (or something like that, I don't remember the exact name of the directory).

When you will restart CATIA, the software will create again the default settings and maybe your problem will be solved.

Regards
Fernando

thanks for all your helps. i have found the solution. while working on part modeling i define a point on where i want to snap at sketching. than at sketching i draw e.g circle and than i select both the center of circle and my defined point and than i say coincide from constraints menu. have good working to all my friends and all catia lovers.

CATIA IS ALWAYS THE BEST OF THE BEST............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back