Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Output request not available for this type of analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajith Kurian Baby

Mechanical
Mar 28, 2020
IN

I am doing a wear simulation using UMESHMOTION subroutine. In my model, there are 2 bodies in relative motion and the bottom one is fixed while the top one is having a periodic motion. I had requested for a velocity output but it shows a warning
OUTPUT REQUEST V IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS TYPE OF ANALYSIS
OUTPUT REQUEST VF IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS TYPE OF ANALYSIS
OUTPUT REQUEST VT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS TYPE OF ANALYSIS
I am using static general analysis. I am able to obtain displacement using CALL GETVRN(NODE,'U',ARRAY,JRCD,JGVBLOCK,LTRN) but velocity is not obtained
Kindly help me to solve this issue

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, it's even discussed in "Example: Obtaining contact results" paragraph of the documentation chapter "Obtaining material point information averaged at a node". In such case ARRAY will contain contact stress components: CPRESS, SHEAR1 and CSHEAR2.

Yes, I have seen that. But in my problem, whenever I call utility routine CALL GETVRMAVGATNODE(NODE, JTYP,'VAR', ARRAY, JRCD, JELEMLIST, NELMS, JMATYP, JGVBLOCK), the JRCD value comes out as 1. the same problem happens to GETNODETOELEMCONN utility routine.
CALL GETNODETOELEMCONN(NODE, NELMS, JELEMLIST, JELEMTYPE, JRCD, JGVBLOCK). this always returns a JRCD value of 1. I don't know how to identify the error in this problem. kindly help me to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back